Copyright and Permissions
The material on this site is covered by the provisions of the Copyright Act, and relevant Canadian laws, policies, regulations, and international agreements.
Unless otherwise indicated, information on this site has been posted for the purpose of making it readily available for personal and public non-commercial use. The material may be reproduced, in whole or in part, without charge or further permission from the Fountain of Health™, provided that:
- The Fountain of Health™ is identified as the source of the material;
- The material is reproduced in full without any changes;
- No charges are made for the use of the material.
Permission must be obtained from the Fountain of Health™ if the material is to be reproduced in whole or in part.
The following is the Fountain of Health™ statement concerning privacy issues on our website. If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions, please contact us.
- We do not automatically gather any personal information such as your name, phone number, e-mail, or address. This information is only obtained if you supply it voluntarily, through contacting us via our contact page, e-mail, by asking to receive electronic newsletters or other information, and by registering on our Clinicians’ Corner page.
- Any personal information you provide to us will not be sold to any third party. We use software that receives and records the Internet Protocol (IP) address of the computer that has contacted our website. We make no attempt to link these addresses with the identity of individuals contacting our site. The information is used to improve the content of this site and is not shared with other organizations.
- We do not regularly use “cookies” to track how our visitors use the site. Whenever we enable “cookies” to facilitate our transactions, we will first inform you.
Disclaimer & Limitations of Liability
This website provides general information only. Information provided is not a substitute for professional advice. If you feel that you may need medical advice, please consult a qualified health care professional. The Fountain of Health™ makes every reasonable effort to ensure that the information is accurate at the time of posting. We cannot guarantee the reliability of any information posted.
This website and related app platforms include features that promote physical activity, social connection, new learning or brain challenge, mental wellness through nutrition, yoga, mindfulness and knowledge about mental illness, or general wellbeing. They are for your informational purposes only and are not intended as medical advice or services, or for diagnostic or treatment purposes. In no event shall the Fountain of Health™, the Canadian Coalition for Seniors’ Mental Health, the Canadian Academy of Geriatric Psychiatry, and/or the Project Team be liable for any injury, death, or other negative outcome you may suffer, or that you may cause to any third party, in connection with your use of Fountain of Health™ website or related apps.
You should consult with your healthcare provider(s) and consider the associated risks before using our website or apps in connection with any physical activity, wellness or fitness program, or guidance. Everyone's condition and abilities are different and participating in the activities promoted by the Fountain of Health™ website and related apps are at your own risk. Activities promoted by the Fountain of Health™ may pose risks even to those who are currently in good health. If you choose to participate in these activities, you do so of your own free will and accord, knowingly and voluntarily assuming all risks associated with such activities. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay seeking it because of anything you have viewed on the Fountain of Health™ website or apps. The Fountain of Health™, national collaborator on the Brain Health & Wellness app, the Canadian Coalition for Seniors’ Mental Health, the Canadian Academy of Geriatric Psychiatry, and/or the Project Team, are not responsible or liable for any injuries or damages you may sustain that result from your use of the features the features on the Fountain of Health website or apps (the Brain Health & Wellness App and the Student Wellness App).